Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sold

Wow, the busy, busy, business continues. I sold my car. And tonight I drove home in my new one! Yippee! It was strange going from a little sports coupe to an SUV. I felt like I was driving a bus! My motorcycle is still for sale, but I've had lots of interest.

My basement renovation is nearing completion. I now have walls! Soon, it will be up to me to paint, and then the guys will come back to trim it out. It's been 3 years since the flood that caused the loss of the rooms down there. Now, it will finally be better than it was originally.

I'm also preparing for my garage sale, which I decided will be next Friday and Saturday. Preparing will be a lot of work, but it will be soooo worth it to lighten up my home. I've got too much stuff!

By the way, I weighed myself today. I've lost 4 pounds already! And that's without exercise! This Weight Watchers program really works. It's made me very mindful of what I'm putting in my mouth. I'm making better choices. But the primary result is that I'm choosing not to eat for reasons other than hunger. Huh, go figure! I eat now when I'm hungry, and I don't eat when I'm not. I'm pretty excited about the weight loss. I don't look any different, but my clothes fit better.

So life is good. I'm putting one foot in front of the other, and that seems to be working for now.

2 comments:

Maggie Beth said...

WONDERFUL!! HOPE THE GOOD DAYS!! AND GOOD THINGS!!! CONTINUE (paint your basement something bright and cheery!! Painted walls DO affect mood!!!)

Congratulations on the new SUV - (I'm jealous) - and congratulations on the 4 pounds! WAY TO GO!!

NOS said...

Congratulations on the car and on the weight loss! I'm really happy to hear that you're going about it in a really healthy fashion. Good for you!

Wishing you well,
NOS



.