Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Moving on

I have the best readers in the world. Your comments on the last two posts were poignant, thoughtful and inspiring. I appreciate what you had to say. You gave me a lot to think about. Thank you. I'm trying to move on.

Speaking of moving on, I only have 3.5 weeks left before the Dallas Marathon. I had a really tough 6 x 1200 meters speed workout yesterday, and I will run my final 20-miler on Saturday. It's hard to believe I'll be starting my taper soon. Usually I'm totally wiped out by this stage of training, but I'm feeling really good. Running only 3 days per week has definitely paid off in the training arena. It will be interesting to see how it works in the race.

One thing is certain, racing should be easier now that I'm 13 pounds lighter. Yes, that's right. I've lost 13 pounds since beginning the Weight Watchers online program in August. I'm sure the weight loss is one of the reasons I'm recovering better from my training. It's also the reason my clothes, including my running clothes, fit better. I even had to go shopping to buy some new pants, as my current stock was getting a bit large! How fun! I feel better physically and mentally. And running is definitely easier without the extra pounds. I don't miss them at all!

That's about all I have for now. Take care my friends.

1 comment:

Maggie Beth said...

LUCKY 13!! CONGRATS!!! That is awesome!!!



.