Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Top Ten Depression Blog 2010!

Wow! PsychCentral, one of the most comprehensive mental health sites on the web, has included me in their list of Top Ten Depression Blogs for 2010! Once again, I am honored and humbled by this recognition. I really can't believe it. I dreamt of writing a blog about depression for several years before taking the blind leap and starting this one. I'm now about to complete my third year of writing here. It's been a labor of love, but I never imagined being officially recognized for my work! Thank you, PsychCentral. Thank you.

4 comments:

klahanie said...

Greetings friend,
Many congratulations on receiving such recognition. And I, who tries to live with, rather than, suffer from my mental illness, offers you a great gift, the gift of empathy.
Have a peaceful, positive New Year.
May it be filled with realistic positive anticipation, rather than negative speculation. My goal, like yours, is to reduce the unfair stigma and labelling that still surrounds mental health issues.
In peace and respect, Gary.

Maggie Beth said...

Two thoughts here.......

(1) You still thinkin' of givin up the blog!??!?! (LOL!!!)

(2) YET AGAIN! I say, "Go-on-with-your-bas-a$$-Self!!!"

CONGRATULATIONS 1,000 times over! It is not easy to put yourself out there so openly ~ Well deserved!!!

AdmGln said...

Congratulations! I've only been reading for a few weeks, but I can definitely see why you won.

Anonymous said...

HOW FLIPPIN AWESOME IS THAT!!??!

TOTALLY COOL...WHAT A GREAT WAY TO WRAP UP 2010!!

CAN'T WAIT FOR 2011.. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!! SM



.