Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Better days

I may be a little light in the wallet (furnace, truck, health insurance), and I may feel like I got smacked in the face (root canal), but the past few days have been better days. I'm functioning and moving forward. My mood has taken a bit of a hit with all the stress I've recently encountered, but right now I'm riding it out okay.

I feel a little low and a lot lazy. I did run my 15 miles today, but now I can barely move. It's part muscle fatigue but larger part inertia. I just want to lie in bed and sleep now. Puck won't allow more sleep, though. He figured a two hour nap was plenty, thank you very much! I needed that nap. Now I don't know what else to do. I've got plenty I could be doing, but inertia sort of gets in the way of that.

Life moves on whether we participate or not, and right now I'm counting on that. I think I need the structure of work to cure my inertia. Until then, I've really got no plans. This little lull will pass. I'm not panicking. I'm not worried. I sort of expected a crash after all of the recent stressors. And this is hardly a crash. It's more like a slow motion thud. I'll let you know when I get moving again. Carry on, friends.

1 comment:

Divas said...

Wow, I love how you can just turn out high mileage on a whim. =P
Glad you're running out the storm!



.