Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Counting down

I'm inching ever closer to The Austin Marathon this Sunday. Puck and I just came in from an easy run with 5 by 1 minute pick-ups. I felt great! My legs felt great. My mood is good. Things are looking good. The fatigue from last week seems to have passed. I'm quite pleased by that! I'm getting restless to get to Texas now.

The sun has been shining here for the last couple days. It's been a welcome relief from the gray of the past few months. It's been so nice to run with warm sun on my face even though I also end up with mud covering me below my knees. Puck is sound asleep in the sun on the living room floor right now. I think this warmth helps both of our moods.

If you're looking for an update on the dating scene, see the addendum at the end of the previous post. I figure someday, somewhere, a handsome, financially secure, no-drama man will walk into my life. Until then, I will continue to enjoy being single. After all, there are many advantages to walking this path alone. And someday I may also know the advantages of walking it with another.

It's a short post today. That's what happens when life moves smoothly along. I leave for Texas on Friday. I will be sure and keep you updated once there. And look for my marathon results on Sunday. Until next time, carry on, Friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your attitude! Really (still) proud of you :-)) Good luck in Austin!

Maggie Beth said...

Have Fun!!! and there should be plenty of sun where you are going!

The Blue Morpho said...

Have a great marathon!
Adventures in Anxiety Land



.