Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

This crazy life

Life is crazy!

In my last post I could barely manage my day at work because of my low mood. My mood has been slowly getting better, but it has been so poor that I've not even been living at home. I've been staying with friends (in lieu of going into the hospital). I've been lower and more dark over the past 2-3 weeks than I'd been in the past two years.

Previous to my mood difficulties, I told you about basically losing my job due to a lack of patients. Our agency had not been able to garner enough business to keep two physical therapists occupied. Because of that, I went out and interviewed for two new jobs.

Then life turned on it's head! On Monday, I worked 12 hours because we were swamped with new patients! On Tuesday, I was offered both jobs for which I had interviewed. Yesterday, I was perhaps busier than I had ever been at my current job, again because we'd suddenly been inundated with more patients than we could handle. My mood has taken a back seat to necessity. While still struggling, I've really not had time to deal with it. Life is crazy!

It just goes to show...you might think you are headed in one direction. You may not even be able to see another possible direction. You may think you are doomed, down, or even knocked out. But God has a sense of humor, I think, or at least a sense of irony! Just when you've determined life is particularly unfair, something turns around. Or, as is my case, everything, at once, turns on its head! I'm hanging on for the ride.

3 comments:

AmbyLand said...

I am so glad things are getting better for you. Hopefully your mood will follow.

Sharon said...

Yahooo! Just YAHOOO!

Jojesek said...

I'm so glad to have found your blog. I have been struggling for 15 years and have been asking myself if I'm really depressed after all these years or just lazy. So nice to know that I'm not the only one with a long struggle behind me and more ahead. I hope to someday be grateful for the person I have become instead of grieving the one I lost.



.