Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The new job and other details

I start my new job tomorrow. For some reason, I'm really anxious about it. I don't understand why I'm so nervous. I've worked in nursing homes before. I've cared for the geriatric population a lot. I've been a therapist for a long time. I don't get it. Why am I so anxious?

I'm recovering well from Saturday's marathon. My soreness is almost entirely gone today. I haven't gone out for a run, or done any other exercise, since the race. I guess I'm taking a little exercise vacation. I'll probably start up again tomorrow. I am going to sign up for another marathon in August. That will give me one marathon every other month, plus one extra marathon in May, for the year. Initially, I had no plans to do that, but it sort of worked out that way once I got rolling.

I saw my psychologist this morning. My mood has been really good lately. It's nice to be feeling so well. Of course I feel like I have less to share here when feeling so good, but I'm not going anywhere. I'm looking forward to continued stability, getting to know the new man in my life, and training for my next marathon. Keeping it simple...I like it like that. 



.