Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pleasantly Tired

It's the end of a long weekend with D. He's on his way home. He left 3 hours ago, so he's probably getting close to home now. I miss him. I feel a little silly saying that, but it's the truth. I miss him. My house feels empty. I think Puck's even a little sad. We're missing part of the pack.

It's funny. This is the first time he's come here, rather than me going there, and this is the first time I've felt sad when we've parted. Usually, I've felt pleasantly tired and happy. Today I'm pleasantly tired and sad. Weird. My friend Cindy says it means I'm falling in love...

D and I had a great time together this weekend. He seemed more relaxed. It's probably because he didn't have to worry about what we were going to do next. This time that was my worry. The weekend went by so quickly, I didn't have much time to worry though.

It was a busy weekend. Actually, Friday was relaxing, but Saturday was quite busy. My sponsor and her husband treated us to a Minnesota Twins game yesterday. After working out, we left home early for the game, which took up most of the day. The Twins lost, but we had a lot of fun. After returning home, we had about 30 minutes to relax before going out for dinner with my sponsor, her husband, and friends, Bill and Cindy. Dinner took up the rest of the day. We were whipped by the time we got home for bed.

Today was a little more relaxed, but it was too short. We worked out this morning, had coffee with Bill and Cindy, and watched a little football before he had to head home. We basically had just over 48 hours together. I'm not complaining, but I can't wait until we can spend more time together.

Hmmm... I just got off the phone with D. Maybe my friend Cindy is right...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I AM LLLOOOVVVIIIINNN THIS! and I fell in love w D. when he liked Puck!!! U r surrounded by a lot of love Etta ~ bask in it!!!

So happy for your exciting NOW!

Maggie Beth



.