Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Still sick

Ugh! It's been a long week so far. I've been feeling like crap since Saturday night. I thought it was just a bad cold, but now I think it's more likely been the flu. My body has been aching so badly it's kept me awake at night. I had a low-grade fever through yesterday. And my head has been painfully stuffed up. Last night I was up coughing half the night. Needless to say, things have not been fun. I hate lying around doing nothing, but I really didn't have a choice.

This morning my temp is back to normal. I'm tired, but my body is aching less. I have to go to work because I have four new patients who need to be evaluated. I think I'm past being contagious, but I'm going to wear a mask so I don't get anyone else sick. Once my evaluations are done, I'll be back home resting again.

I also have my appointment with my orthopedic doctor this afternoon. Hopefully, I'll finally have a definitive diagnosis and a plan for recovery. My knee has been worse the past few days, and I've finally made the decision that I won't be running on Sunday. It will be hard.

My friend Kate will arrive Friday night for marathon weekend. I guess I will be her personal chauffer for the weekend. I'd rather stay away from the race all together, but obviously I can't do that with Kate here to run. Oh well. It will be nice to see Kate again, and I'm sure she will love the race.

That's all for now. I'm off to ready myself for my day. I'll let you know the outcome of my ortho appointment. Send prayers for something easily fixable. And have a great day!

No comments:



.