Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Under the weather today

I'm supposed to be at work right now. Unfortunately, I spent much of the night awake with a sore throat, headache and body aches. I do believe I am getting sick. I hate being sick. I especially hate being sick one week prior to my next marathon. Hmmm...perhaps God really is trying to tell me something.

Speaking of sick, my orthopedic doctor called in sick on Friday. Therefore, I did not get to have my knee evaluated. I'm pretty sure I have a torn meniscus in there, but I need him to confirm that and to get the ball rolling to recovery ( i.e. cut it out). Fortunately, I was able to reschedule the appointment for this Wednesday, so I don't have too long to wait to see him. I'm going to see what he says about running vs. not running the marathon next week.

My friend, Kate, will be coming into town for the marathon. This will be the fifth marathon we will be doing together in the last year and a half. I'm looking forward to seeing her and showing off my home state. I just wish I was in better shape myself. Oh well, whether I run or not, I know she will enjoy herself.

Well, my head is pounding. I guess it's time to lie back down. I've gotta get my rest. I've got no time to waste!

3 comments:

The Blue Morpho said...

What a bummer - sore throats are the worst. Hope you don't have to miss out on running.
Adventures in Anxiety Land

Anonymous said...

Etta ~ God's gonna run outta suttle hints soon - then all that will be left is a brick to the head.....listen to your body.

With love and respect I say ~ Etta, you are one stubborn chick! Guess that is why (and how) you have survived what you have......

But...what do I know ~ I'm not a runner! (SMILE)

Holding prayers of healing and PATIENCE! for you!!

Maggie Beth ((HUGS))

Ashley said...

hi, I just found your blog on a google search for all that noise in my head. Lovely blog :)



.