Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Taking the Actions

It is said, if you take the action the mind will follow. It's kind of like faking it until you make it. It's what I've been forced to do for the past several days. As best I can, I'm taking the actions in hopes that my mind will follow. With the exception of yesterday, when I was dark and virtually catatonic, I've been trying to put one foot in front of the other. So far my mind has stayed put.

This will be a short post because I don't want to whine. Besides, I've not got much else to say. My mood is low. Yesterday was long and solo. I did make it to the pool for a swim, but just leaving the house brought tears to my eyes. This morning, after some encouragement, I made it to an AA meeting. That brought temporary relief, just enough to get me into the grocery store. The tearfulness returned somewhere in the produce aisle. I hastily made my retreat. Home again, I'm still trying to do the next right thing. Right now it's laundry. One foot in front of the other... I wish my mind would get on board.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Hi there :)
Just found your blog and wanted to say hello! Sorry you are having a low moment but please know that I also found your blog inspiring.
Thank you!
and remember what you already know - things do get better.
Jenna xx



.