Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Still moving forward

I'm tired tonight. But that's a good thing. I'm tired because I put in a full day of work, came home and took Puck for a walk, made supper, and am now in the middle of my third load of laundry. I'm moving.

I'm feeling a little brighter. The darkness has abated a bit. Connecting with members of my treatment team has helped. I've also spent more time lately with friends, Bill and Cindy, and that's always helpful. But mostly, I've focused on moving--one foot in front of the other--moving.

Speaking of moving, I'm preparing for a weekend away with my boyfriend, D. It's weird to use the term boyfriend at my age (and his age), but that's what he is, I guess. I'm not looking forward to the Friday evening four hour drive in the dark, but D's going to have dinner waiting for me at the other end. It's been three weeks since we last saw each other. I'm really looking forward to reconnecting.

I'm glad to be feeling better in advance of the weekend. I wasn't sure how I was going to handle feeling so down around D. He's not seen that side of me yet. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about it. I'm grateful to be feeling better.

4 comments:

Kinza said...

Sounds nice, enjoy the weekend!

TC said...

I am glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better, Etta. Spending time with people in your support group is so helpful. I hope to follow your lead. Your post is inspiring to me. It sounds like you are in a better place to enjoy your weekend with D. I am rooting for you!

Symptoms of Depression said...

I really appreciate with this post.Its very good and informative post. Thanks for sharing.

purple pineapple said...

glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. Hope you enjoyed your weekend away :)



.