Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

trouble

trouble, trouble, trouble
I'm in trouble
feeling out of control
feeling so low
depression has me in its grip
I'm not sure what to do
don't know where to go
I'm in trouble
making the effort
taking the steps
the mood doesn't care
getting harder to make the effort
difficult to take the steps
so low

worse than low
unfeeling, unemotional
listless, impassive, indifferent
numb
worse than low
hurts

2 comments:

"Lil Ol' Me" said...

(((Hugs and love)))) o get it!! Boy do i ever

Sharon Pernes said...

Whenever I hear of someone in a pretty deep depression I ask myself what my therapist would say. What do I need to do to help myself? It usually brings me to the forms of distorted thinking listed in Dr. David Burns book The Feeling Good Handbook. Seeing these forms written usually helps me focus on how to talk back to the depression and bad feelings I am having. Sometimes understanding ways to talk back to your depression helps, I know it's a very powerful tool that I have to strengthen my mental health armor.
If you want to chat some thru email just let me know.
Hugs :)



.