Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Doing better

Just a quick note to let you know things are looking up. As I said in my last post, we changed some of the ECT parameters on Friday, and so far that seems to be making a difference. I've had two treatments with the new parameters, and I'm definitely feeling brighter. At this point, I may be able to head home as early as Thursday. I have another treatment tomorrow. If things go really well, I'll just stop the ECTs at 11, rather than 12, and go home Thursday, rather than Saturday. I've been here a very long time, and I am definitely ready to go. After all, I need to begin training for Boston very soon, and that's almost impossible for me to do in here! We'll see how tomorrow goes. If I don't think doing one more ECT will provide any more benefit, I may be home the next time you hear from me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing all that you have been through....I can tell just by how you wrote this post that your outlook is brighter, I am so uplifted and happy for you!!!

Patty Taylor said...

Yeah, Etta! I just found your blog last week, but I've been cheering for you. I hope things continue to look up.

Tina said...

Thank you for your honesty and willingness to write about your painful times. You are touching many lives. I'm glad you are feeling brighter, and I hope the treatments continue to help.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better!!
Nancy

chest said...

wish you are better



.