Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Depression 1 etta 0

I finally heard back about my prospective new job. The other applicant got it. The woman who would have been my boss explained that I was "such a strong candidate" it was difficult for her not to choose me, but she really needed someone who could work full-time. The other candidate wanted to work full-time. I only offered 30-32 hours per week. That was the deciding factor, as I was afraid it would be. Depression 1, etta 0.

I am really disappointed. The good news is they offered me a prn position, which I can add to my other two prn positions, but I really wanted this position. The facility at which I applied is one I could picture myself working at for a long time. It is a well oiled machine with a positive and respectful environment. Plus, I have a good friend and former coworker who is an OT there. I would love to work with her again. Oh well...hopefully doing prn work for them will keep me foremost on their list of potential hires in the future.

Speaking of the future, I spent the day packing for my trip to Boston. I leave tomorrow. I'm getting antsy for the marathon now. I can't wait to get there and soak in all the hoopla surrounding the big event. I've had two good, easy but speedy runs this week. I'll run a couple miles on Saturday and/or Sunday before the race on Monday. I start at 10:20AM Eastern Time. I'm cautiously looking forward to it. Thanks, in advance, for any positive vibes sent my way on Monday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the job...but it still sounds promising for future prospects. Good luck in Boston! You have come a long way in a short time. Enjoy and be proud of yourself! Nancy

Anonymous said...

Etta, have an amazing race! You'll be in my thoughts and I'm sending you positive energy. I know you will have such a great experience.
Best, fran.

depression treatments said...

Always look on the bright side. All those are just part of the journey that anyone can overcome. Good luck to you Sir.

Anonymous said...

ETTA:

You are truly my inspiration. Wishing you all the best now and on race day.

Cassandra

Bryan Chambers said...

Great post!  I look forward to reading more of your writing in the future.

Blackdays said...

There is something much greater for you around the corner. You are amazing!!

Blackdays said...

Something great will come your way. You are a great person xx



.