Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, June 25, 2012

got pneumonia? I do.

I found out this afternoon why I've been feeling like crap for 8 days. I've got pneumonia. It makes sense. I've had this before. I have to admit, when I went for that nice run last Thursday only to have my health decline over the next several days, I began to worry. That's exactly what happened the last time I had pneumonia. I felt well enough to go for a run but then felt worse afterward. Oh well. It is what it is. I have pneumonia. Actually, it's almost a relief to have a diagnosable condition. Now I don't feel so guilty about stepping out of work early yesterday and today. And I'll certainly give myself more permission to nap as needed from now on. Of course, I'm hoping to get over this as quickly as possible. I worry a little about my mood. And I do want to get back to the roads and the gym as soon as I can. But for now, I'm going back to bed.

1 comment:

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

I hope you feel better soon! No wonder you haven't been feeling well.



.