Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend Wrap-up

It's Monday. It's a much needed rest day for me. No exercise, just work. I can't even walk Puck tonight. It's just too hot and sticky outside! Oh well, like I said, I needed a rest day.

I'm coming off a good weekend. As planned, I got up early and ran 20 miles Saturday morning. I'm still a little stunned it went as well as it did. Of course, I was tired and my legs were dead in the last couple miles, but overall I felt good, held a nice pace, and recovered very well. I was able to spend the rest of my day relaxing, socializing, and walking with Puck.

I worked at the hospital yesterday. It's my very part-time weekend gig. I ended up with some really nice, motivated patients. The day wasn't too long, and I got in a 25 minute recovery swim after I was done. At the end of the day I had another lovely walk with my boy. It was a nice end to a nice weekend. Things are moving right along, and I'm doing all right.

By the way, thank you for all of your comments on my last post. I really appreciate that you can appreciate my boring posts. I do hope that by doing well, I can inspire others to survive, and perhaps even thrive, despite having depression. Have a great week, everyone!

4 comments:

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend--so glad it went well for you. You accomplish so much! Procrastination is wrapped up in my depression, and I'm trying to break free from it so that I DO more.

Generic Seroquel said...

Great effort against Depression Etta...Thanks so much for sharing your story with us.In Depression, It is needed to be aware about depression. It is curable. Take care Etta..

michael platania said...

Every day that you wake up, breath, work, are around people, and write about it, is a good day!

Alyssa said...

I always hear about how good running is for your mood. What I would give to be motivated enough to just start running. I just keep making excuses for myself. Keep up the great work. :)



.