Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

One More Time

I'm still glowing in the aftermath of Sunday's marathon. I'm recovering well. My left calf is the most sore, causing me a slight hitch in my step, but otherwise I'm feeling really good. I planned to swim today, but I rather enjoyed doing nothing for the first Tuesday in an awful long time. Tuesday's are usually my speed work day. Instead of running hard, I practiced napping hard. It worked. I think I took three naps today! It was quite nice.

I will begin some active recovery tomorrow. I have to get back at it, as I am running the New York City Marathon in 4 weeks. On Sunday, November 4th, I get to do it all over again. I'm really looking forward to New York. I've only been there once in my life, and I've never run the marathon there. My mom is coming with me, and we're staying for 8 days. Financially it's going to be a little tough for both of us, but it's a once in a lifetime event, so we're going for it. I can't wait to trot through the streets of New York City with 46,000 other runners! I expect it will be amazing!

2 comments:

dreambigrunner.com said...

Wow, you will have a blast in NYC!!! It is a very unique city and the food is amazing!!!

Erica said...

So proud of you, etta, and so happy for you!! :D



.