Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Quick update

I've only got time for a quick note tonight. It's been a busy week thus far. I began my new work schedule, and I'm working an extra shift tomorrow, so I will be at work all five days this week. Monday and Tuesday I was very overwhelmed and struggled through each day. Today was busier, but I also did better. I was less overwhelmed and more relaxed. Hopefully things will continue swinging upward.

I'm leaving Friday after work and traveling 4 hours in order to spend the weekend with D. I'm planning on running 20 miles Saturday morning, because I'm thinking of running The Dallas Marathon in early December. D may come to Dallas with me. I found a cheaper than cheap flight, and I'm itching to run after the New York cancellation. Like the week thus far, I think it's going to be a quick, busy weekend as well.

That's all I have time for right now. It's past my bed time, and I've got to be up early to run before work. Good night.

No comments:



.