Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Friday, December 14, 2012

Puck: My most beautiful Boy

My most beautiful boy. My companion for the last 13 years. My running partner. My friend. Died today. I don't know how I'll get through life without him, but I'll try my best to approach each day with anticipation and a smile. Just like he did. Prayers are appreciated.

10 comments:

dreambigrunner.com said...

Oh no, I'm soo sorry!!! I also have a dog and it is a family member. So, I can only imagine how you feel and just trust that every day will get a little asier.

jim said...

my sincerest sympathies. Would that we could all live our lives much as a dog's: only in the moment

AboutChloeAndMe said...

I am really sorry to hear. It is horrible news. All my best sympathy goes to you (I'm just a regular reader, but my heart is with you in this difficult moments).
wishing you all the best x

Bengal said...

I am so sorry for you loss.

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

I am so sorry about Puck. You will be in my prayers.

J said...

I have three dogs...each one is a family member. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine the pain you're in. Stay strong and remember the good times!

Anonymous said...

Oh, no! I am so sorry and will be praying for you in the days ahead. He sounded like the best buddy. Take care.
Nancy

Stationary Runner said...

Oh my goodness... I am so very sorry for your loss. From your entries, it's apparent that he has been an amazing friend and loyal companion.

AdHoc said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he was a great friend and you were lucky to have each othe. I will pray for you and Puck.

Robyn (RedDogGirl) said...

I am so so so sorry to hear this news. My heart aches for you. Prayers being said, candles lit and love and healing being sent. Be gentle with yourself.



.