Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ready, I think

I'm packed and ready to go to Dallas tomorrow. I've decided not to bring my computer with me, so it may be a few days before my next update. I'm looking forward to getting into Dallas, settling into the hotel, shopping at the expo, picking up my number, and then finding a good place to eat. Eating quality carbohydrates and resting will be my focus for the next couple of days. I'm anxious to get to the starting line. As usual with the marathon, it's difficult to know what type of performance to expect. I think I'm still in fairly good shape, so I'm hoping for the best. I'm flying back home after the marathon Sunday evening, and I'll be back at work Monday morning. I'll post all about it as soon as I have the chance. Until then...

3 comments:

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Good luck and have a wonderful time! :-)

Mopsa said...

Have a nice travel, and a great marathon!

dreambigrunner.com said...

Sounds like a perfect trip. GOOD LUCK!



.