Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

New Photos of Jet

I've taken lots of pictures of Jet over the past 4 months. He's 8 months old now, and he seems to be going through a bit of a growth spurt. He's also a nut! He's incredibly curious and playful. And he rarely tires. He can entertain himself for hours by tossing a toy, a stick, or even a leaf around the room or yard. After tossing it, he chases it, pounces on it, grabs it in his mouth, shakes it side-to-side, and then starts the process all over again. It is hilarious to watch. He's quite the clever comedian. He makes me laugh out loud multiple times each day. I am so grateful we found each other four months ago. Here are some recent pictures.

 Looking handsome in my kitchen.
 
 Stalking who-knows-what in D's backyard.
 
 "I'm not doin' nothing!" I interrupted Jet while he was burying his bone. Notice the dirt on his nose.
 
 Wrestling with Jet on the Milwaukee waterfront, as D tries to get a good picture of us.
 
I lost the wrestling match, but the kiss more than made up for it!

6 comments:

howisbradley said...

He is beautiful.

Fiona said...

Beautiful dog!! I have two jacks, they're absolutely cracked and such wonderful company. One of them in particular, Tim, is really sensitive to my moods and always picks up on it when I'm low. Then the extra special cuddles kick in. Makes me feel better every time :-)

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE PICTs! sm

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

He is a beauty! The bonds with our pets are so strong and so important, aren't they? I don't have dogs, though I love them, too. I have two cats, Sam and Chase Bird, who are lights in my life.

Bengal said...

He is so cute and regal looking for such a young one. Looks happy.

dreambigrunner.com said...

Awwww soo cute! LOve the kiss picture :)



.