Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Weekly re-cap

I've just got a short update tonight. I had a good, busy, and productive week. I worked 5 days this week. In fact, I just put my feet up after working all day today. After work I ran 10 miles and cooked a couple of meals for the upcoming week. I ran long this week, almost 50 miles total, including my 20-miler yesterday. On Monday and Wednesday evening I attended my kettlebell and suspension training classes, which I really enjoyed. I like getting stronger. I spent last night listening to a fellow alcoholic tell her amazing story of recovery. I feel so blessed to have found recovery when I did. I was spared some of the alcoholic destruction others, like the woman I heard last night, had to experience. And in my spare moments this week, I was continually entertained by my puppy, Jet. He makes me laugh out loud many, many times every day. I'm so glad we found each other. That's my week in a nutshell. Have a great week everyone. Take it one day at a time.

1 comment:

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

It sounds like you had a very busy week! You amaze me in how you keep up your exercise routine no matter how busy you are otherwise. That's great!

I'm so glad that you and Jet have bonded so wonderfully. Laughing out loud is good for the soul!

And thank you for the reminder to take it a day at a time. That's a very timely reminder for me right now!



.