Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Lazy Blogger

I'm at least a day late in this update. As I stated in my last post, I've been busy living life on life's terms this week. I'm getting a lot of stuff done, but when it came time to sit down and write last evening, I just couldn't do it. I tried to figure out my new smart phone instead. I would have been much more successful if I had stuck to blogging.

I might be the last person on the planet to get a smart phone. It's a Samsung Galaxy, and I found out this morning I neglected to learn how to answer it! My parents, whose call I missed, got a big kick out of that one! They are 66 and 70 years old, and they both have iPhones!

You may think I am wise with technology, after all I am a blogger, but nothing could be further from the truth! I am a complete dope with this new phone, and I really dislike the entire learning process. I have a feeling it's going to take me awhile! I also missed a call from D. Still don't know how to answer the damn thing! No worries, I'm laughing, too.

The other reason I didn't write last night is because I am again feeling bad about having little to say. I think most people expect a bit more than news about how dumb I am with my new smart phone when they come to my blog. I am not so arrogant to think people are interested in the mundane minutia of my life, but mundane minutia is all I've got right now.

Of course, mundane is better than drama. There is no drama. My life is moving along smoothly. I stick to my daily routines. I go to work. I enjoy my running. I take my meds. I see my doctor. I don't drink. I attend meetings. I don't get too high or too low. It may look boring from the outside, but it seems to be working for me. I'm living well with depression. I guess that's something to write about.

Now, back to that damn smart phone!

2 comments:

Amy Jane said...

Never feel bad for not feeling bad! It gives me hope that maybe one day...I will have a good run of feeling good. Maybe something that lasts more then a month. Wouldn't that be something.
Happy and insanely jealous that you are enjoying life and feeling good.

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

You are a wonderful example of someone who follows a program that works and sticks with it. You give the rest of us with depression hope and inspiration. So don't fear that you shouldn't write about the mundane!

I've had an iPhone for 5 months. Just figured out how to download my music on it. :-)



.