Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Back, but not yet at it.

Tonight I have the briefest of brief notes for you. I just returned from an extended weekend vacation in northern Wisconsin with my boyfriend, D. It was lovely. It was relaxing. I had a good 20-mile run through the woods on Saturday followed by a great 10-miler on Sunday. We had good food, good friends, and quiet time, too. I even got to start a new book. I am a lucky woman. But now it is late, and it is past my bedtime. It's hard enough to return to work after vacation. I don't want to be overly tired, too. I promise a better update will be forthcoming.

1 comment:

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Glad you had a wonderful visit with D!



.