Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Working better

I had the opportunity to work this week. I worked three, four hour shifts. The good news is I'm doing okay despite the stress of working. In fact, it didn't feel so stressful this week. That's a change for the better. I was pretty anxious prior to the first shift I worked on Wednesday, but my anxiety subsided soon after my shift began, and I was able to focus on working. It helps that I work with wonderful people who were happy to see me back. I'm lucky.

In general, I've been doing well. I'm feeling good. My mood has remained stable. I've been taking care of what needs to be taken care of lately. Running my errands, completing my housework (not all at once), tapering for Boston, and going to meetings. It's so nice when life is easy, when the grip of depression is loose and there is light in my world. I'm grateful.

I continue to be humbled and honored by you, my readers. Your comments surprise and satisfy me. I am so happy to hear my simple writings make a difference in your lives. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

2 comments:

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

I'm so glad you are in a good place, Etta. I'm sorry I've been missing in action for a while. I've had computer issues and had to get set up with a new one. So I haven't been online a lot. I hope the work continues to go well.

HBF said...

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you too! :)



.