Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Back home

I apologize for the lack of posts while away on my vacation with D, but time flew by. I'm now back home. D and I had a very nice time. We spent time on and in the water, time playing with Jet, time cooking wonderful meals, time running together, and time relaxing quietly in the house. It was difficult to leave today. It seems to be getting harder and harder to separate after spending time together. Life sure would be simpler if we lived near each other.

We made time for running while we were together. A couple of days ago we ran a beautiful 13-miler on a bike trail through the woods. In fact, it was the very trail on which we met four years ago. I always enjoy running and biking on that trail. As we did a couple days ago, D and I usually end up reminiscing about our chance meeting when we're on the trail. It's really quite amazing we met there, in the woods, five and a half hours from my house and four hours from his. Perhaps it was meant to be.

Work resumes tomorrow. Things continue to go well there. I'm actually looking forward to checking in with my patients. I'm anxious to see how much they've improved (hopefully) while I was gone. It will be good to get back to life. Maybe jumping back into things will help me miss D less. I hope so, because right now I'm missing him a bunch.

1 comment:

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Your trip sounds wonderful! Long distance relationships are tough, I know.

I'm glad you're feeling well and looking forward to work. Have a great weekend! :-)



.