Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Flowers

These are the flowers my boyfriend, D, sent me last Wednesday wishing me a quick recovery from hip surgery. They're still looking good and still making me smile today. Grateful.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Warm wishes.

A friend's hip gave out last year at mile 4 of the Chicago Marathon. He still got his BQ, but he has been training hard to get back ever since.

HBF said...

Glorious! Happy recovery, thank you for expressing your gratitude-it's a contagious positive that I don't see enough of!



.