Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Friday, November 21, 2014

Surgery and Videotape

I'm recovering this afternoon from my second surgery in the past month. This time it was oral surgery, and boy am I sore! Unlike my hip surgery, this one knocked me flat today. The combination of pain and not being able to eat anything substantial wore me out. The stitches inside my mouth are really sore. It will be three days before I'm allowed to eat anything hot or with any texture. Yogurt, ice cream, and chocolate milk were on the menu today, and I'm already sick of all three. I may try some cool mashed potatoes tonight. That will be exciting!

Today is in sharp contrast to yesterday. Yesterday I was busy for 10 hours. It was an exciting day! Victoria, the producer from NYC was here to shoot the videotape I wrote about in my last post. It was strange and exciting to participate. It was weird wearing make-up, as I rarely do, and even stranger to have someone else put it on my face. Thank you, Heidi. My home was turned into a studio with lights and cameras. Thank you, Christopher. Jet was beside himself with all the activity. Unfortunately, it was also incredibly cold outside, the coldest day of the year, so we froze while shooting the outdoor scenes. Even Jet was shivering. But overall, I think the day was a success. Things seemed to have gone well. I'm really looking forward to seeing the end product. It may be completed within a couple of weeks. Of course, I'll post a link here for all to see when the time comes. Carry on, friends!

2 comments:

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

I hope you are starting to feel better from the oral surgery! I know that's not pleasant. And the soft foods get old after a while.

I can't wait to see the videotape! :-)

Paul said...

sorry about your pain. Happy about your video. I'm really eager to see it.



.