Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

status quo

I'm continuing to put one foot in front of the other here, but my mood remains low. I'm busy looking for hours to work. Right now I'm scheduled to work the next four days in a row, which is good, but I'm a little nervous about working four days in a row. As most of you know, I usually work every other day. I expect I'll be worn out in four days, but I'm just going to take it one day at a time, one moment at a time, and attempt to keep the worry thoughts at bay. I'm utilizing my support system to get through the low mood. One of the things I'm dealing with is feeling overwhelmed. Simple things which otherwise wouldn't register suddenly become overwhelming when my mood is low. It's frustrating. But I'm reaching out. I'm doing what my support people recommend. Instead of pulling the covers over my head, I'm sticking to my schedule and also getting my exercise in. I'll make it through. I can do anything I set my mind to if I stay in the moment and keep moving forward. That's what I'm trying to do.

1 comment:

Jim Work said...

One small step, where it all starts...sometimes one step covers a lot of old groud



.