Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Another year begins

Happy New Year! I wish all of you good mental health, stability, and joy during this upcoming year. Those of us with mental illness know the path will not always be smooth. There will be rough patches, but they will pass. They always do. Join me in putting one foot in front of the other in 2015. Moving forward, one moment at a time, is the only way through the bad times, and the best way to fully experience the good ones. As long as you continue reading, I will be here, writing and fighting with you. We can do together what I cannot do alone. Thank you for joining me on my journey. I am humbled and honored to be a small part of yours. Here's to 2015! May it be great!

2 comments:

littlemissdullshine said...

I hope your 2015 is great! Thanks for being brave and sharing your experiences.

Paul said...

Thank YOU for keeping this blog and letting the rest of us chime in occasionally. It has truly helped me to find so many people with my issues/complaints/symptoms/thoughts.



.