Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Getting Around

Getting around, etta is. I find myself humbled and honored once again today. The website, The Mighty, is featuring one of my recent posts on their site. The post titled, Dear Friends and Family, published in January, caught their eye, and they generously offered to post it on their site. I'm always surprised when my little blog is discovered or recognized by a much larger entity, but I am proud to have this post out there where it might be seen by a larger audience. I'm hopeful it makes a difference in the life of someone. And I'm very grateful The Mighty gave me the opportunity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Lord works in mysterious ways. When you help others, sometimes that gratitude comes back. Good luck on your marathon training. John.

Paul said...

Recognition big or small, I'm just glad I found your blog, and I'm grateful for every word you write. (Also, envious of all of your race medals.)

Anonymous said...

I show can relate to the post you titled dear family and friends. thanks a bunch for sharing with all of us. Your honest writing of this blog gives people like me hope and know I am not alone. Thank you for that.



.