Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Restoring the energy

I was going to call this post rejuvenated, but that wasn't entirely true. I'm not quite there yet. But I do feel a bit restored. As planned, I only worked my regularly scheduled 3 days this week. That made a big difference. I was able to get back to my preferred training intensity, and I caught up on some much needed napping. I love naps! I'm feeling better, physically and mentally.

I'm training for my next marathon, which comes up in just a couple of weeks. I'll be running the 3 Bridges Marathon in Arkansas for my 49th (ugh!) birthday. I had a great, quick paced 10-mile run today. It felt good to go fast. Tomorrow I'll run a 12-15 mile long run and then start tapering again. I'm looking forward to experiencing another new marathon. It will be my next adventure.

Hmm... I don't know what else to tell you today. I'm relieved to be feeling less tired and worn out. My mood eventually suffers, and sometimes suffers mightily, if I stay tired too long. I have a little busier week ahead, but I think I now have the energy to tackle it. And I only have to tackle it one day at a time. Keep moving forward, and carry on, my friends.

3 comments:

paullamb said...

Wow! My next marathon will be next fall. I couldn't possibly do another in a month and a half.

I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm spiraling downward, but I've set up an appointment in two weeks with a new therapist. Maybe I can make some progress.

I take a lot of courage from your posts, Etta!

etta said...

@paullamb: I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Hang on. Just like in a marathon, taking one step at a time is the best way to move forward. You can do this.

Awa said...

I impressed! Three workouts. I am planning on the same. Introducing exercise and making that the priority for the little energy I have.



.