Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 17 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Home Again

I'm officially home again. I left the hospital around 10:00 this morning. Fortunately, my house was still intact and standing. It's still a bit strange being home, though. The house feels empty even with Jet and I in place. I need groceries and gas, but I have no funds to spend. I'm hoping to head back to work for at least half a day on Monday. I need to get the funds flowing again.

I'm looking forward to settling back into my routine at home. I'm looking forward to buying groceries and paying the bills. I'm really looking forward to getting back to my regular running and exercise routine. Jet and I ran 5 miles this afternoon. That was my first run in more than one week. I hate when I take time away like that. It's always so tough starting up again, but I just had no desire to run on a treadmill in the hospital. My next race isn't until Memorial Day weekend, so I should be okay despite my time off.

I'm a little anxious about being home. I think I'm feeling better. I think I'm on the mend. I'm hoping everything goes smoothly as I return to work and my normal routine. Ultimately, I'll just have to wait and see. So far, I'm happy to be home. I'm happy to be reunited with Jet. And I think I'll be really happy to sleep in my own bed tonight!

3 comments:

Truth Needed 9 said...

Are you sure you should be going back to work so quickly? I see that you need the income, but you are just out of the hospital!
Do you think the ECT helped you with recovery or did your doctors find some effective medications?

etta said...

@ Truth Needed 9: I needed to go back to work to get out of my house, too. I want to get back into a normal routine as soon as possible. I do think the ECT helped, as I didn't change any of my medications.

Katheryne Patterson said...

You sound like you are on the mend. I'm so happy! Keep it up!



.